How do I report a scammer?
To file a complaint, just go to ftc.gov/complaint, and answer the questions.
Or call That’s all there is to it.
If you’ve been ripped off or scammed, complain to the Federal Trade Commission.
It can help put the bad guys out of business.
How do I report an Internet scammer?
Report Internet Fraud
If you believe you’re a victim of internet fraud or cyber crime, report it to the Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3). Or, you can use the FBI’s online tips form. Your complaint will be forwarded to federal, state, local, or international law enforcement.
What can you do if you get scammed?
What to do now
- Stop all contact with the scammer.
- Do not make any more payments.
- Contact the bank or service you sent money through.
- Assess your security at home and online.
- Equip yourself to recognise scams.
- Talk about what happened.
- Ministry of Justice.
How do I get my money back from a scammer?
- Gather all documentation related to the scam.
- Call the customer service number for your bank or credit card company.
- Provide information about the scam to your bank or credit card company.
- Answer follow-up questions from your bank or credit card company.
- Follow up if you don’t hear back within 30 days.