How can I buy a car without getting scammed?
How to Buy a Car on Craigslist Without Getting Scammed
- Assume that the person selling the car is a con artist (unless it’s a licensed dealer).
- Meet the seller at a public place and bring a friend.
- Ask why they’re selling, and ask for records.
- Insist on a test drive, but get ID, registration, and proof of insurance first.
- Know what the car is worth (as best you can).
How do I avoid getting scammed on Craigslist car sale?
6 Tips That Will Help You Safely Buy Or Sell Your Car On
- Meet the buyer/seller in-person, and preferably not alone.
- Look for good, clear pictures.
- If the ad or communication has poor language, be wary.
- Know the price of the car.
- 5. Make sure you see (or have) all the right paperwork.
- Pay in cash, never wire money.
Is it safe to give out VIN number on Craigslist?
3 Answers. Yes, and you should otherwise the buyer won’t have a way to verify the vehicle’s history data. It’s not the same as giving out sensitive personal information like a social security number. While the VIN is unique for each vehicle, there isn’t much anyone can do with a VIN number.
What payment should I accept when selling my car?
If the buyer for your used car pays via a check or money order rather than cash, accept only the exact amount of the negotiated sale price for the vehicle. Confirm with the issuing bank (or lender if it’s a payment with loan financing) that the check is valid.