There are several things you can do to prevent disputes and chargebacks from happening in the first place:
- Provide contact information. Buyers may not resort to a dispute or chargeback if they can talk to you about the issue.
- Be responsive. No one likes to wait.
- Suggest Dispute Resolution.
- Provide a clear return policy.
How do you protect yourself from chargebacks?
This list of eight ways to reduce the risk of chargebacks can help guide the process.
- Follow processor protocol.
- Use a clear payment descriptor.
- Get it in writing.
- Deal with customer service issues promptly.
- Learn to spot warning signs of fraud.
- Train employees.
- Keep good records.
- Fight back when it makes sense.
2 Dec 2014
Does PayPal cover you if you get scammed?
When buyers pay with PayPal on any website, PayPal Buyer Protection covers them in case there is a problem. If an item doesn’t arrive or is significantly not as described, we will help buyers get a full refund.
How do I stop Unauthorised PayPal transactions?
Click Dispute a Transaction. Select Unauthorised transaction and click Continue. Follow the steps to report the transaction.
Here’s how to check and cancel your pre-approved billing agreements.
- Go to Settings.
- Click Payments.
- Click Manage pre-approved payments.
- Select the merchant’s name or email address.
- Click Cancel.